Monday, February 1, 2010

A Visit to the Lowcountry

We spent as much time in the car this weekend as we did at our actual destination.  That's the price you pay when you own a business out-of-state, I guess.  We drove 14 hours to Georgetown, SC on Saturday only to have 21 hours to spend there.  The time spent, however, was well worth the trip.

This was my first appearance at our restaurant/bar since we acquired the business.  It's been difficult for me to get up there having Evan to worry about, but we worked out all the kinks to make it happen this weekend.  The weather had a dismal impact on our Saturday's lunch business, but it certainly had no effect on the night life.  We witnessed one of our better weekends as far as sales go.  And there's definitely something sweet about drinking a beer in your own bar.  It was a mighty good feeling.

With a new surge of energy and motivation, Robert and I have been throwing around ideas left and right on how we can improve the business.  The potential seems pretty much endless which is very exciting!  As season approaches we are nothing less than optimistic about what to expect from the restaurant. I'm just crossing my fingers that we're well prepared.

With our website in the works, I will share a little Buzz's Roost love with a few pictures - but check us out on Facebook too!
















2 comments:

Kylie said...

once again, great pics stinnett. Yes on the skype, but let's do it Fri. I can't wait to tell you about the week I'm having.

Kristin said...

Congrats Amanda!! How exciting!!! :)