Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Silhouette Gentille Silhouette

Evan's nursery has been somewhat finished for awhile now. There are certain touches that I've been meaning to make, but just haven't gotten around to - one being the vacant wall space above his changing area.

I decided a few months ago that I was going to make a silhouette of Evan's head, frame it and hang it up above his dresser/changing station. I finally got around to doing it and I really love how it turned out. I'm now not certain that it is large enough to fill that vacant space, but I will definitely find a spot for it.


Here is the picture I used to make the silhouette:




And here is the framed silhouette:




I thought about doing the traditional black silhouette on a white background, but I wanted to add more color to his room and I like the idea of a patterned background.

I laughed when I first looked at the finished silhouette because it looked a lot like my brother, Todd. Genetics are amazing, aren't they?

1 comment:

Kylie said...

Wow, Amanda, once again, very impressed...