Monday, September 19, 2011

Alligators, Old Friends and The Help

To recap the last week and a half I will begin with our visit to Alligator Adventure.  Evan has this weird infatuation with animals that bite - if they bite he wants to see them, study them and - for whatever reason - meet them.  We figured a 50 acre preserve covered in alligators, crocodiles, bats, snakes and other unattractive reptiles would be just the place for our little Jeff Corwin.






My brother, Todd, Mimi and Barnes joined us on this expedition - and while we all complained about the heat, Evan and Mattie were proactive and strolled their way back and forth through the misters.  Mattie Girl literally squealed with delight.



This past weekend we met up with some old friends of mine that we have not seen since our wedding in 2007.  And before that it had been almost 10 years!  I went to Chatham Hall in VA my freshman year of high school and became great friends with Tiffany.  We swam together in a competitive league that summer and that is when I first met her husband Brad.  Almost 16 years later, here we are, both with kids and it felt like nothing at all had changed.

Tiffany, Brad, Me and some dude - 16 years ago!
Things have definitely changed, but a great friendship is being able to pick up right where you left off.  And that's exactly what we were able to do.  I need a little more time with these two, however, to truly catch up.





Also this weekend my mom and I went to the movies and saw The Help.  A-MAZ-ING.  I was an emotional wreck throughout the entire movie, but it was so worth it.  Never did that movie let me go for even a second.  I never thought I'd ever say it, but this movie was so fantastic I have absolutely no desire to read the book (even though I heard it was amazing too).  The cast was brilliantly selected and the balance of humor/drama was perfect.  I HIGHLY recommend this movie.

No comments: