Wednesday, October 17, 2012

2 Year Well Visit

I took Mattie to the doctor for her 2-year well visit today.


 Her current stats are as follows:

Weight - 32 lbs. 6 oz. (+95%)
Height - 37 1/2 in. (+95%)
Head Circumference - 20 1/4 in. (+95%) 

She also received a flu shot and the Hepatitis A vaccination.  She handled the entire experience like a champ.  I, on the other hand, did not.

After taking Mattie to the scale to be weighed, I walked back into the room and bent over to put her on the ground.  All at once, I felt my lower back pop in every direction possible and I immediately fell to my knees in pain.  I was sweating and felt like I could vomit right then and there.  Tears were streaming down my face, but I didn't want to scare Mattie so I had to suck it up.  My sweet girl was very concerned nonetheless and laid her head in my lap and rubbed my leg.  She knew I was hurt and tried her best to comfort me.  It was precious.

I did not let on to the doctor that anything had happened and walked out of there cringing with pain.  Cold packs and Advil better do some work - my brothers and their broods are coming into town tomorrow and I'm ready to smooch, squeeze and hug my niece and nephew - and the moms to be! :)

2 comments:

Score said...

Glad Mattie is still topping the charts!

Hope your back feels better soon. seek a chiropractor if it does not improve. advil and ice should help with the inflammation.

Amanda said...

ugh - motrin has been a winner as well as mineral ice. back pain is no fun.