Monday, June 6, 2011

Is this Hell?

I have been bed ridden for the last five days due to a viral infection that I picked up from Evan.  And as if that wasn't bad enough, my body is also trying to fight off a severe case of strep throat.  Talk about pure misery.

Massive headaches, 103+ fevers, body aches, vomiting, coughing, and congestion - that about sums up the viral infection.

Swollen glands/lymph nodes, inflamed tonsils with puss pockets, neck pain and the I wanna die right right now feeling every time I swollow - that would be strep throat.

I made a visit to the doctor on Friday because I knew I had either tonsilitis or strep throat on top of all these other symptoms.  Unfortunately, me and tonsil related ailments go way back.  So far back I should've had them removed to save myself some grief over the years.  Oh well.  Here we are again.

I knew the viral infection would just have to run its course, but strep throat would have to be treated unless I wanted it to continue to worsen.  No, thank you.  I got a prescription (Amoxicillin) from the doctor on Friday and began taking it immediately.

Saturday morning - no improvement
Sunday morning - no improvement, in fact, condition may have worsened

I cried a lot Sunday morning.  I had been in bed for five days and all I wanted to do was feel better.  The medicine wasn't working - nothing was helping.  Robert was home all day on Sunday so I stayed doped up on Nyquil so I could at least sleep.

Here it is Monday.  I made a call to the doctor's office and left a message with the nurse's station to let them know I needed a stronger antibiotic.  That was at 8:05 am.  It is now 10:40 am and I have not heard anything from them yet.  Do efficient doctor's offices exist?  I didn't even mention the two hours I waited at my initial visit just to confirm what I already knew and to get a prescription.

I need serious help. 

2 comments:

Score said...

Oh honey! I hope you feel better soon.

Sarah said...

they will call eventually, sorry you are so sick, how did u manage getting the daily double?