Monday, April 19, 2010

Monthy Check-Up

I heard a strong, rapid heart beat at today's monthly check-up.  What an indescribable feeling it is to hear the sound of human life just below the surface of an ever expanding belly.  I get emotional every time. 

And get this people - I only gained ONE pound since my last appointment.  ONE pound.  Even my nurse said, "nice job," after weighing me.  I was proud of myself.  I know this may sound ridiculous, but this is coming from someone who gained AT LEAST three lbs per visit in her last pregnancy.  In 15 weeks I have only gained eight pounds.  I'm sure to some this may not seem like an accomplishment, but for me - olympic gold!  I'm hoping to stay under 40 lbs. this time around.  For some reason I can hear Kylie laughing at me right now. ha.

Heading to Chicago on Wednesday to visit with my brother and his family.  Isabel will be 8 months old tomorrow.  I can't wait to see my little niece.  And to squawk back and forth with Ruth about pregnancy - I can see Tim cringing already.  Mimi is making the trip too!!

2 comments:

Score said...

Good job!! Keep up the good work and have fun in chicago. I'm calling David's Bridal tomorrow....

Kylie said...

Not laughing... wait, does this mean you won't get to Wildebeast status? That's a shame.