Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Fourth

July 4th is THE biggest weekend in Myrtle Beach. The possibility of even getting a glimpse of my husband this week was pretty much slim to none.  I also knew even getting out to pick up a few things at the store would prove to be chaotic with the millions of tourists swarming the area.  So I thought Evan and I should disappear for the weekend and spend the holiday with my family in Pinehurst.  At least I could count on having a juicy hamburger to celebrate our independence.

Evan spent the last few days demanding Papa to read him books and begging Mimi to play in the tent.  He showed off his collection of cars as if they have never seen them before and proudly recited the alphabet waiting for their approval.  As always, he was hours of entertainment for everyone - even my brother's dog, Marley. 


This week we will be preparing for Evan's 2nd birthday.  It's hard to believe so much time has already passed.  It seems like only yesterday that I wanted to commit myself due to Evan's miserable behavior.  How things have changed - and for the better.  He's nothing less than angelic now. :)

No comments: