Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sleeping Baby

Have you ever just sat and watched your baby sleep?  It's such a peaceful experience. It's also an emotional experience...at least for me.

As I stared down at my baby boy I realized that there was nothing baby about him anymore.  He's already advanced at least a year physically and his growing independence is made known any chance he gets.  I began to well up, but then suddenly laughed instead at how ridiculous my so-called baby looked in his diaper lying there in his crib.  Here's a child who looks more like a 3 year old who hasn't made it through potty training yet.  His feet are dangling between the rails of the crib because he can no longer lay in any direction he wants.  My mom doesn't call him Baby Huey for nothing.

It doesn't get any sweeter than this:

 

And those first moments after waking up are just as sweet:




I am so sad to see my baby growing up.  Can I blame these emotions on my hormones?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

hands down the best photos you've taken, I'm gonna have to capture that moment now!

Kylie said...

Yes I have watched my sleeping babies on several occasions and I agree - however sappy - it is emotional. :) Cuteness. He better rest up for his big party this weekend! Hate that I'm going to miss it.