Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Technical Difficulties

We'll just call it a minor setback.

After folding laundry while Evan played with his cars in the living room, I returned with the intention of sitting down and getting some work done on my computer - if you can even call it a computer in this state.


First of all, please excuse all the nasty smudge marks.  But yes, this is how I found my computer.  Evan decided it would be constructive to take all the keys off the keyboard.  Luckily I didn't have a full load of laundry to fold because I may have come back to a completely bare surface.  I was speechless.  But very angry too.  I think I initially started crying because my first thought was that I wouldn't meet my deadline for the day.  But then I was just angry.  I took a deep breath and calmly sat down and told Evan he was a bad boy for doing that to Mama's computer.  I then spent the next hour reapplying my keys.  Of course now I just laugh.  It's easy to look back on and think Ha Ha - Evan is so funny.  But present tense - I wanted to strangle him!

Another lesson learned - don't leave computer unattended in the presence of a two year old.

4 comments:

Score said...

glad you got it back together again!

Amanda said...

Well, actually, just tonight Evan was at it again. I thought my computer was safe in the bedroom, but while i was putting away things in the nursery he managed to take ALL the keys off the keyboard!
And I'm about to have another one of these??? AHHHHH! :)

Sarah said...

wow

jack said...

When I first saw the picture of the computer I thought is was an old broken typewriter. I had to read the text just to decipher what I was looking at. Funny!!!!!